We are pleased to announce that Sony will start selling new Professional Disc products with a "Pre-Formatted" feature, for the XDCAM equipment user's convenience, for single-layer (23GB) and dual-layer (50GB) models. New "Pre-Formatted" products will greatly enhance the usage of Sony Professional Disc by reducing the amount of time required to format the disc when using it for the first time.
- No need for formatting before a new disc is being used with XDCAM equipment.
- Easy media usage by allowing users to save time and start operation instantly.
Pre-Formatted Disc Compatibility:
- It is required that the latest firmware versions be used to take advantage of the pre-formatted benefit and ensure compatibility with the hardware listed below. Otherwise, users may not be able to record to this pre-formatted disc.
- Hardware List: PDW-F350L, PDW-F330K, PDW-F330L, PDW-530, PDW-510, PDW-F70, PDW-F30, PDW-70MD, PDW-1500, PDW-R1, PDW-D1, PDW-V1, PDW-U1
- If users want to use the disc, with the equipment models listed above, without upgrading the equipment firmware version, the disc becomes recordable only after being re-formatted with the equipment being used.
Design Change: "Formatted" mark is added on product case, sub-carton, and master cartons.